Focused on the Triple Bottom Line
We believe in the importance of giving back to the community. We do this by donating a portion of our profits each year to nonprofit organizations, and we encourage staff to become actively involved in community organizations. In 2007, Praxis became a founding B Corporation, one of hundreds of companies across the country whose commitment to Triple Bottom line values (people, planet, and profits) is recognized via a stringent, third-party administered certification process.
Social responsibility is an essential part of our value system at Praxis. In addition to monitoring and reducing our impact on the earth through recycling programs, and the use of 100% renewable electricity to power our office, we give 10% of our pre-profit sharing proceeds annually to nonprofit organizations. Our focus on community also means members of our team are dedicated to working with various organizations on a board or volunteer level, and we support our team’s efforts by giving them work time to fulfill these commitments. As an organization, we also work with many nonprofits to strengthen their capacity and impact. Since these values were already so ingrained in our workplace culture, it was an easy decision to join the founding group of certified B Corps in 2007.
When Pennsylvania adopted Benefit Corporation legislation in 2013, we amended our articles of incorporation to qualify for this designation and became one of the first companies in PA to do so. To view our 2016 PA Benefit Corporation Annual Report, please click here.
In 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017, Praxis was recognized as a “Best for the World” B Corp in both the Overall and Worker categories.
Professional and Community Board Experience
- Ayers|Saint|Gross Architects, Board of Directors & Chair, Compensation Committee
- Employee Ownership Foundation, Board of Trustees
- ESOP Association, Board of Directors (current and past)
- ESOP Association, Board of Governors
- ESOP Association, VP for Programs, PA/DE Chapter
- Tunnell Consulting, External Board Member
- Untours Foundation, Board President
- A. D. Marble, external Board member and Chair Compensation Committee
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management Board of Directors
- American Friends Service Committee National Community Relations Board
- Bread and Roses Finance Board
- Childspace Cooperative Development, Inc., Treasurer
- Employee Ownership Foundation, Executive Committee
- ESOP Association, Chair, Advisory Committee Chairs Council
- ESOP Association, Ownership Culture Committee (multiple members)
- Freelancers Insurance Company Board
- Green in Chestnut Hill (GRinCH) Board, VP/Treasurer
- National Center for Employee Ownership, Board of Directors (multiple members)
- Weavers Way Coop, Board President, Operations Committee Chair
What is a Certified B Corp?
B Corp is a certification that helps consumers identify corporations who care about more than the bottom line. These organizations all share a focus on social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency, building companies that serve society as well as shareholders.