Number of Employees
- Customized Leadership Development
The mission of Congreso de Latinos Unidos, one of Philadelphia’s largest and most respected private social service agencies, is to strengthen Latino communities and engender self- sufficiency of clients through a comprehensive network of human services. Its four primary services are education, employment, family support, and health and wellness.
Goals of Engagement
- Collaborate with the client to create a strategy for organization-wide talent management that is fully integrated with its business strategy.
- Build an orientation program for new staff that welcomes and educates employees while strengthening the culture of the organization.
- Design and deliver supervisory skills training program to improve supervisory practices and reduce turnover.
- Provide Congreso managers with clear and concrete methods for supporting and benefitting from the talent management process.
- Engage Congreso’s executive team in the training and development process to ensure the program’s longevity and success.
- A framework for recruiting and developing talent at all levels of the organization
- A consistent and thoroughly communicated message about the agency’s mission, business plan, and culture
- A customized and repeatable supervision training program for all new supervisors. The training has a strong emphasis on experiential learning, peer interaction, and collaborative problem solving
- All new employees have essential knowledge about the Congreso’s mission, business plan, operations, and culture
- All supervisors given foundational knowledge and skills to strengthen retention-focused supervision
- Shifted management practices from a focus on administration to a focus on supervision, with regular feedback as the centerpiece
- Established retention and service quality as key organizational metric
- Established retention and service quality as key organizational metrics
- Stimulated Congreso to develop more consistent and in-depth measures of each