Sitting in the Muck: Exploring Antiracist Practices as White Leaders
September 10, 2021 - December 17, 2021
Nancie Zane of Praxis Consulting Group and Hillary Blecker of Hillary Blecker Consulting invite you to join us for our fall group coaching and skill building series: Sitting in the Muck: Exploring Antiracist Practices as White Leaders
Monthly 2-hour sessions beginning September 10th for white nonprofit executive and senior leaders. Attendance is limited to 12 participants.
This four-part series, which meets monthly, is for white executive and senior leaders who are working to center racial equity in their organizations. As many predominantly white-led organizations work to become more inclusive and equitable, white leaders need to be able to recognize and manage ways that resistance will show up, both within themselves and others. This group will be focused on how to energetically stay in the game through a lens of relationship building. The work will also focus on becoming more aware of the defenses developed to manage personal racial biases as well as understanding fight/flight/freeze reactions and reframing self-judgements. This series will use a combination of coaching and skill building to address these issues, leveraging the wisdom and insight of fellow leaders.
Goals for Work:
- To connect and engage white nonprofit leaders in exploring the explicit and implicit ways white supremacy impacts their leadership journeys
- Being able to notice and name emotions that emerge for white people about race and racism
- Learning about personal aspirations for social justice and bringing a full humanity to this work
- Noticing and identifying biases to manage them while leading multiracial and white teams
- To identify and develop leadership competencies with an emphasis on interpersonal communication and group dynamics that build trust and support antiracist interactions
- To begin to imagine the impact of transforming organizational cultures, policies and practices without white supremacy as a core cultural organizing principle
Dates: (all are Fridays and all are Eastern Time)
- Sept 10 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Oct 15 11:30 – 1:30 pm
- Nov 19 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Dec 17 9:00 – 11:00 am
Please sign up here to hold a spot. Payment must be made in check to: Praxis Consulting Group, 9 West Highland Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19118 to confirm your spot. Space is limited to 12 participants. We will have keep a waiting list in the event that someone cannot attend.
- Early signup $750 before 8/15/2021, after 8/15/2021 the cost to attend is $850
- Scholarships available, please contact Hillary at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nancie at Nancie@praxiscg.com
For questions about the content of the program: contact Hillary at email@example.com or Nancie at Nancie@praxiscg.com